Your right to privacy is very important. Therefore, at Mt. Norquay, we have made the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information one of our highest priorities. We have established this Privacy Statement as a sign of our commitment to protecting your right to confidentiality and privacy.
Mt. Norquay requires all of its employees to comply with the standards of confidentiality. Access to, and use of, personal information is limited to those employees who require it to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
The following definitions may be helpful:
“Commissioner” means the Information and Privacy Commissioner defined in the Personal Information Protection Act, (Alberta).
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual. This would include contact information, such as your name, address, phone and/or fax number and email address. It would also include your communications with us, such as customer service inquiries, responses to surveys, or information requested from or sent to you.
“Privacy Officer” means the individual in an organization who is responsible for ensuring that the organization complies with its obligations.
Mt. Norquay complies with all relevant provincial legislation, namely the Personal Information Protection Act of Alberta and, where applicable, Mt. Norquay complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5) (“PIPEDA”) and has adopted the ten key privacy principles as expressed in PIPEDA. These principles address the ways in which organizations such as Mt. Norquay collect, use and disclose personal information. It also addresses the rights of individuals to have access to their personal information and to have it corrected if necessary.
The ten principles are:
1. Accountability Mt. Norquay is responsible for personal information under its control and has designated ????? as Privacy Officer. As Privacy Officer, ???? is responsible for ensuring that Mt. Norquay complies with the following principles. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the handling of your personal information, we encourage you to contact ????? at: Attention: Insert Privacy officers info
2. Identifying Purposes The purposes for which personal information is collected will be identified by Mt. Norquay at or before the time the information is collected. We will collect, use or disclose personal information only for purposes that are reasonable and appropriate.
3. Consent Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. However, there are a few exceptions to when we will be required to obtain your consent. These exceptions cover such situations where the collection is clearly for your benefit, where obtaining consent would compromise the information’s accuracy, where the information is required for a legal investigation or where it is required in an emergency situation. These exceptions are rarely used and we always endeavor to obtain your consent when practicable.
4. Limiting Collection We will limit the collection of your personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Mt. Norquay. Information will only be collected by fair and lawful means and we will only collect that which is required for us to fulfill our obligations to you.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention Your personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or where required by law. We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. However, it is your responsibility to supply us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information.
7. Safeguards The personal information that is under our control is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness Mt. Norquay shall make readily available to you any specific information about our privacy policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual Access Upon your request in writing, Mt. Norquay will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information in accordance with PIPEDA. You are able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
If you feel that your complaints have not been adequately addressed, you may wish to contact the Commissioner at:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Calgary)
Suite 500, 640 – 5th Avenue S.W. Calgary,
Alberta T2P 3G4 Phone: (403) 297-2728
Fax: (403) 297-2711 Toll Free: 1-888-878-4044
Weddings At Norquay
Norquay is the perfect backdrop for your special day!