Spring Season Pass Refund/Credit Policy
All spring season passes are non-refundable. No credit or refund will be provided for a weather-related early closure.
In the unlikely event that we are mandated by the Alberta Government to close before April 18th, 2021 due to COVID-19, we will provide a credit toward a 2021/22 season pass. The credit will be for the value of the spring pass purchased, less the applicable rate per day that the pass is used from the below table.
|Family||Above Rates Apply|We acknowledge that people’s circumstances can change quickly during these uncertain times and we wish to provide some confidence to those who choose to buy a season pass. Three different refund/credit scenarios are outlined below ranging from a ‘No Questions Asked Refund’ until October 31st, a credit should we face a government-mandated closure due to COVID-19, and lastly an option to purchase refund assurance for medical or work-related personal changes.
‘No Questions Asked’ refund until October 31, 2021
Should your situation change and getting value from your season pass seems less likely, you will receive a full refund less a $40 + GST administration fee.
- To access the refund the pass-holder must notify Norquay in writing on or before October 31, 2021. Email us at email@example.com.
- No refunds will be provided under any circumstance after October 31, 2021, unless the Refund Option is selected and paid for at the time of pass purchase.
- Includes Power of 4 passes, extra conditions apply. Click here for details.
Government-Mandated Closure – Full Season Pass Credit
We are confident that we can provide a safe and enjoyable experience at Norquay, but should our operations get cut short during the 2021/22 winter season due to a government-mandated closure, we have you covered.
- We guarantee our season pass holders 100 days of operating starting from December 1, 2021. We will provide a 1% credit toward your 2022/23 season pass for every day that we fall short of 100 days.
- Credit is available to all full and Norquay 96 season passes. (Excludes power of 4) The purchase of the refund option is not required to be eligible for the 100-day guarantee.
- Only government-mandated closure days will be applicable to the 100-day guarantee.
- In the unlikely event that we are permanently closed due to a government-mandated closure prior to December 1st, we will provide a credit toward your 2022/23 season pass. The credit will be for the purchase price of your season pass less the number of visits on your pass, multiplied by the applicable early-season window ticket rate at the time of each visit.
- Excludes Power of 4 passes, Click here for updated Power of 4 terms.
Refunds after October 31, 2021, will only be available if the refund option is selected and paid for at the time of purchase.
Refund Option Prices:
- Individual Passes – $35
- Family Passes – $70
- Refund Option is unavailable on ‘Power of 4’ passes
Refunds will be considered for the following reasons:
A doctor’s certificate must be presented stating the date of injury & first treatment, type of injury, and estimated time of recovery before alpine skiing/snowboarding can be resumed. Medical conditions and injuries must restrict the user from skiing/snowboarding for at least 30 consecutive days from the injury date. Pre-existing injuries or medical conditions and intentional self-injury are NOT covered by the Refund Option.
The employment transfer must be within the same company. An employer’s letter must be presented stating the location, start date, and length of transfer. The pass holder may not have changed employers between the date of season pass purchase and the date of application for refund. Employment transfers must restrict the user from skiing/snowboarding at Norquay for 30 consecutive days. The pass holder must move their principal residence outside of Alberta. Pass holders who change employers, or voluntarily leave the area for work or travel are not covered under the Refund Option.
Approved claims, calculated from the date received by our office in writing, will receive a pro-rated refund as calculated below:
- Refunds will be made on the Purchase Price multiplied by the maximum percentage available on the date the claim is received (see grid below) less the Usage Value.
- Usage Value is determined by the age category, daily retail lift-ticket rate multiplied by the number of days skied
- Refunds relating to Family Passes will be calculated only on the individual party’s portion of the Family Pass. (example – 1 adult within a family group requests a refund due to illness while the other family members continue skiing for the season)
|Date Claim Received||Maximum Refund|
|Prior to October 31, 2021||100%|
|Prior to December 15, 2021||90%|
|Prior to January 15, 2022||75%|
|Prior to February 15, 2022||50%|
|After February 15, 2022||No Refund|
Power of 4 Credit Policy
The Power of 4 (Po4) is one of the best season’s pass deals around and purchased as a group of four. Although four individual passes are issued, we treat it as one pass in terms of its use. Generally sold as a non-refundable pass, should your group’s situation change and getting value from your season pass seems less likely we allow either:
Individual Transfer – Until December 20, 2021
- If individuals named in your group of 4 decide to opt-out, we will allow names to be changed in the group provided the individual(s) opting out have not yet collected their pass
- To transfer a group member the primary purchaser must notify Norquay in writing on or before December 20, 2021. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No transfers will be provided under any circumstance after December 20, 2021
- Norquay is not responsible for reimbursement to the individual(s) opting out, this is solely the responsibility of the purchaser and/or group members
No Questions asked Refund prior to October 31st, 2021
- Refund applies to all four passes, not broken up individually.
- Refund is for the total purchase price less a $40 + GST administration fee. Refund will only be issued to the original purchaser of the power of 4.
- To access the refund the primary purchaser must notify Norquay in writing on or before October 31, 2021. Email us at email@example.com.
- No refunds will be provided under any circumstance after October 31, 2021
the latest events, news and deals.